Benefits For Seniors
VR therapy is becoming an increasingly popular treatment option for seniors facing an array of physical and mental health concerns. Along with helping memory care patients, virtual reality has been proven to reduce pain, depression and even social isolation. Learn how Ebony-VR can support residents at your facility.
Read Our Reviews
Healium – Youtube
Healium is the world’s first virtual and augmented reality platform powered by brainwaves and heart rate via consumer wearables. Healium is a drugless self-awareness tool for stress the cause of up to 90% of doctor’s visits. These story-driven escapes are powered by the user’s feelings of positivity and calm via their wearables and our patented …
Augmented Reality Aids in the Fight Against COVID-19
“Know your enemy” is the essence of one of the most famous quotes from [Sun Tzu]’s Art of War, and it’s as true now as it was 2,500 years ago. It also applies far beyond the…
BrainLink by Macrotellect | Healthy Brainwaves for Everyone
Macrotellect BrainLink and BrainLink Lite aims to offer off the shelf brainwave technology products with affordable prices to all customers. Our flagship product, BrainLink, is a portable brainwave sensing headset that builds a wireless connection between human brain and end devices such as computer, smart-phones, and tablets. It enables users to keep track of and enhance mental performances… .
Introducing: Muse S the Brain Sensing Headband by Muse
Capitalizing on the award-winning neurofeedback developed for both the Original Muse and Muse 2. Muse S allows users to comfortably go from daytime use into ….
How It Works: IBM Watson Health
IBM and its partners are building solutions that will allow individual patients and larger health populations to benefit as providers share and apply insights in real-time. In this video, learn how the IBM Watson Health Cloud can help an avid runner with a heart condition continue to live an active life. This scenario describes the future of…
Muse 2: Brain Sensing Headband – Technology Enhanced Meditation
Muse 2 is a multi-sensor meditation device that provides real-time feedback on your brain activity, heartbeat breathing, and movement to improve focus.
BetaGov.org | Innovate with us!
BetaGov Assistance. BetaGov provides assistance because: Government agencies often don’t test programs, practices, and policies before implementing them- so we don’t know if they are beneficial or successful for the clients they serve.
Ease Chronic Pain, Anxiety and Depression
MRI images have shown that the areas of the brain affected by pain quiet down when the test patient is immersed in a virtual world. Moreover, thousands of clinical research studies have been published showing that using VR to manage chronic pain, anxiety and depression leads to positive outcomes. In particular, this treatment offers hope for dementia patients, who may experience all three of the above issues.
- Dr. Albert Rizzo’s lab at the University of Southern California helped military veterans with PTSD by offering exposure therapy in virtual environments.
- The Veterans United Foundation has created virtual reality experiences of veterans’ memorials, for vets who can’t travel to see them.
- Scientists at the Chronic Pain Research Institute have tested a virtual meditative walk, meant to manage pain and stress.
- In the 1990s, researchers at the University of Washington developed SnowWorld, an icy virtual environment that reduced pain for burn victims during wound treatment.
Mitigate Social Isolation
Social contact tends to decrease as we age for a variety of reasons, including retirement, mobility struggles and the death of friends and family. Fortunately, the past couple of decades have seen more research into the risks, causes and prevention of loneliness in seniors. Studies show that VR could help reduce social isolation.
Explore the World
When we let clients use our technology, they feel like they have been transported to locations across the globe. They can experience Hawaiian beaches, French cafes and the Swiss Alps. They can view the solar system aboard a rocket ship or use a paint brush to create a van Gogh from the artist’s point of view. The options are endless!
Imagine visiting family and friends from the comfort of your facility https://youtu.be/PVf3m7e7OKU
Facebook Spaces – Teaser Trailer
Now, your Facebook friends can join you—virtually—in Rift with Facebook Spaces! This new VR app takes some of the best features of Facebook and brings them in…
VR has also been used to help trigger long-term memories and improve communication skills. Not only do seniors usually enjoy their VR experiences, they also go back to their friends and talk about what they experienced. Learn more at Betagov.org or watch our Youtube.
- An aged care home in Australia is reporting positive results in virtual reality sessions with residents. One elderly patient, shown a virtual tour of Rome and Venice, experienced memories of a previous boat trip he took to Australia.
- Another resident, an 86-year-old musician who hadn’t communicated with anyone for months, began tapping her foot when taken on a 3D virtual tour of an orchestra. Her husband reportedly cried because he hadn’t seen her move like that in months.